• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 24, 2021

    Wood working My brother and I decided to give our pop the best sendoff we could. We finished just in time.

    Wood working My brother and I decided to give our pop the best sendoff we could. We finished just in time.


    My brother and I decided to give our pop the best sendoff we could. We finished just in time.

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 04:25 PM PDT

    Not much, but it’s my first box. I made it for practice.

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 05:13 AM PDT

    Wooden Nintendo 2 Electric Boogooloo

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 02:30 PM PDT

    Nothing fancy but just finished this vanity for our guest bath. Pretty happy with it!

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 12:45 PM PDT

    Made a carved knife handle out of baltic birch plywood for my Morakniv Companion bushcraft knife

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 10:36 AM PDT

    Helped a neighbor and got an eye opener

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 02:46 PM PDT

    So a couple nights ago my older neighbor showed up at my door with two bloody hands after an odd accident with his saw. He didn't cut himself, but a piece he was cutting rolled over forcefully and crushed some fingers.

    I immediately took him to the emergency clinic despite him just wanting a quick bandage. He ended up with two broken fingers and a bunch of stitches.

    Today I went to check on him and it seems we have a common interest, woodworking. He is on another level from me and is an accomplished guitar maker.

    He started showing me some work and then started showing me his stock of wood built up over 40 plus years.

    I saw some pieces of wood today that would make most of us cry. Some of the grains were so vibrant, wavy and even twisted that I wouldn't even know where to buy them. He had everything from ebony to rosewood to a few I have never heard of. All of it perfectly dry and stacked properly. If he worked for 100 years he couldn't use it all, but he said at some point he became a collector of wood.

    He insisted on giving me about a dozen various pieces of burls and interesting knots because he knows I turn and he doesn't have a use for them. He also gave me 3 of the most amazing pieces of spalted beech and one piece of curly morraine (maple) (I think that's what it's called) that is cut to book end.

    In simple terms he had a volume of about 400 cubic feet of hardwood lumber of various sizes and types plus about 50 guitar sized sheets of 1/4 inch plywood. He said he bought a lot of the stuff from auctions years ago.

    I tried to turn down what he gave me but he was firm that at 84 years old he wouldn't use what he gave me.

    I enjoyed the tour immensely and it was great to get to know him a little better.

    submitted by /u/Golfandrun
    [link] [comments]

    Made these wardrobes for my kids containing my homemade Narnia audio books. They loved them!

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 09:51 AM PDT

    Cradle build for my daughter who is due in June! Design credit goes to Robbi Staples. Black cherry and hard maple, hand cut dovetails.

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 12:14 PM PDT

    From making plans to the finished product, really happy with end result

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 05:26 PM PDT

    Happy with this Zelda shield prototype I finally made

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 06:45 PM PDT

    I ...raised... the standing desk game

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 02:54 PM PDT

    This is my second post here, thank you for all the love - it's challenging for me to share my work with people I don't know because it's so personal; it's part of me. It feels good to release it to the Reddit community, this is no.72

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 04:01 PM PDT

    In the middle of a glue up, realized I needed another clamp. Only ones I had left were these smaller ones. Daisy chained them together and it seemed to work good enough.

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 12:24 PM PDT

    I just finished this little maple box with a carved cherry lid.

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 11:33 AM PDT

    First project ever! Picked up a few Dewalt tools and the rest is history. Can’t wait to throw some plants on her.

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 09:20 PM PDT

    Sanded and stained old deck surface.

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 02:02 PM PDT

    Tissue Box, suitable for all sizes!

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 08:51 PM PDT

    Found a use for some small leftover pieces from old projects. Walnut, cherry and maple. Hand tools.

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 06:17 PM PDT

    My first dovetails. Original dimensions were a bit larger but happy with the end result

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 03:54 PM PDT

    Not as cool as the other stuff on here, but I made a windmill with spinny sails :D

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 05:40 AM PDT

    Oak footstool from some scraps

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 06:50 PM PDT

    Jewelry box with wooden hinges, flocked drawers, and fold-out mirror. Walnut and oak with purpleheart accents.

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 12:38 PM PDT

    This is my first ever workbench, I used free wood that I have accumulated over the years. How did I do

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 07:41 AM PDT

    End grain cutting board. Acacia with a Black Walnut border.

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 08:42 PM PDT

    Hair comb, woodcarving, my work ��

    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 01:29 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment