• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 31, 2020

    Wood working Hey everyone, we need some more moderators

    Wood working Hey everyone, we need some more moderators


    Hey everyone, we need some more moderators

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 11:34 AM PST

    Have you ever woken up and thought your life was missing a thankless unpaid position where you make half the internet angry and get berated for banning spammers? Well I've got the fix for that!

    Seriously though, 2020 gave us a lot of bad things, but also a few good ones. Like people taking up hobbies that can be done at home, alone. Like this one. Our volume of subscribers and posts/comments have grown well beyond our current moderation capacity. And if you've sent a mail to the moderation team, you've experienced that over capacity.

    What we are looking for:

    5+ people who are active in the community, active woodworkers, and can volunteer a bit of time every day to doing not-so-fun but rewarding moderation work. Duties will include going through reported comments and posts, approving things erroneously removed by Reddits often overzealous spam filter, and policing threads to enforce the rules.

    Am I a good fit?

    Maybe. As anyone who has tried to post a viral video, someone else's work, or a meme knows we are not subjective with the rules. The only things that slip through are exactly that. Things the mod team missed. Which is why you are reading this.

    Where do I sign up?

    Fill out this form and if we like your answers, the moderation team will be in touch.
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfX3_yiRtY6JNM8GIFAOkh-9S6uB4L8hlcKAImXwZAVtrWFsw/viewform

    Also there will be some minor rule changes coming in 2021. Nothing big, but the rules will be simplified a bit to make them easier to understand. The goal is simple. We want an inclusive woodworking community where the content is original and on-topic

    submitted by /u/joelav
    [link] [comments]

    Ive been making these solid wood pelican cases from New Zealand native timber. What you guys think?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 12:28 PM PST

    I made this christmas present for my girlfriend. She loves decoration with owls on it and really like to drink tea.So I dicided to make for her a owl-teabox with handmade dovetails out of a beautiful piece of walnut. She was very happy about it :)

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 07:08 AM PST

    2020 in review. Pretty good year honestly!

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 07:23 PM PST

    A woofer and a couple of tweeters. The shop is getting crowded.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 01:27 PM PST

    Pre finish- first bookcase

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 12:37 PM PST

    New desk top��

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 03:38 PM PST

    My wife wanted a small cutting board that fit over our sink. I made this out of walnut and cherry and she loves it!

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 06:09 PM PST

    A new Coffee Table for my parents living room

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 05:50 AM PST

    My dad wanted a stool for his birthday. I made him a sample first. A stool sample.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 07:22 AM PST

    A Renaissance Style Frame in 101 Pieces

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 02:40 PM PST

    My daughter got an aquarium for Christmas, so I obviously had to build her the stand.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 01:53 PM PST

    Just realized I haven't posted my little library build. The seasonal decor is the perfect opportunity!

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 05:46 PM PST

    So close to being done. My first project using different woods instead of stains

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 02:15 PM PST

    My logo I made for my wood working!

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 08:06 PM PST

    Four months into wood working, finished first real project

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 04:04 PM PST

    Marmite time.....? yes I painted it white. ‘Pales into Insignificance’ 13 layers of intricate plywood

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 10:14 AM PST

    Wood robots for my nephew.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 12:36 PM PST

    Appropriate last project of 2020

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 05:08 PM PST

    Commissioned cutting board I did

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 09:24 PM PST

    It's a simple project, but I made a walnut bread lame for wife for Christmas (she's a bread baker). What do you guys think?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 07:00 PM PST

    Finished my new dining room table and bench. Not a single screw was used.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 06:06 PM PST

    "Yosemite Sam" made out of scrap plywood and old sign I found. Happy New Year!

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 08:36 AM PST

    My first workbench. Made it out of macrocarpa (Monterey Cypress) because it's cheap and I could get a thick slab here (Christchurch NZ). I roughly followed "The English Woodworkers" french workbench design. Super simple and it's solid as a rock so far! Photo of the two slabs used at the end

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 05:12 PM PST

    Made a headboard for our 7th wedding anniversary. Each light has its own switch.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 06:33 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment