• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 4, 2019

    Wood working Contest Announcement: Gift Challenge

    Wood working Contest Announcement: Gift Challenge


    Contest Announcement: Gift Challenge

    Posted: 04 Nov 2019 04:43 PM PST

    Well I know it's been a long time since we've seen each other. I did some soul searching to find myself this summer and now think I'm a better person. I think I'm finally ready to take that next step....and start another build contest! With the Holiday season literally knocking at the front door, it's high time we get started making gifts before it's too late!


    Eligibility & Submission Deadline

    All projects must be started on or after November 4th 2019 and completed before December 16th 2019 (6 weeks time) to be eligible for entry. This should ensure that none of us are working feverishly last minute to get our gifts out the door. Contest is open to all /r/woodworking members, and because I'm drunk with power, Moderators included.

    Submission entry is closed on December 16th at 11:59 PM PST


    Contest Rules

    • All entries must feature at least 3 of the same item intended as gifts. No one offs or pairs of items. Examples of acceptable entries could be 45 cutting boards, 16 pencil boxes, 7 split top roubos, 3 pens, or 275 salt and pepper mills.

    • Your entry must feature a photo of all items in the same frame to verify count.

    • You can make anything you want as long as they are going to be gifts and meet the minimum count requirement.

    • The primary medium must be wood, but each item does not have to be the same species (but the items must be inherently the same).

    • Any finish is allowed.

    • No restrictions on joinery.


    Submission Details

    Use whatever image hosting service you like and post the link to r/woodworking. The key here is it needs to be apparent that you've built the entry, and followed photo requirements. Submissions of finished photos only will not be accepted for entry. Entries that have albums that go from rough stock to 90% complete in one jump will not be accepted.

    Send me (/u/Clock_Man) a PM in the following format for project entry:

    (Subject: Gift Challenge Entry)

    • Username

    • Project Title

    • Album URL

    Entries not using this format will not be accepted.


    Prizes

    Winners will be awarded a smug feeling that they're better than everyone else that's entered and the choice of next year's first contest. We might put you in the sidebar if /u/Lt_Skitz ever finishes re-doing it.


    Entries

    Maple and Walnut End Grain Cutting Boards

    submitted by /u/Clock_Man
    [link] [comments]

    Ready for my first craft fair this Friday!

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 02:15 PM PST

    My dad likes to make guitars, I like to make wireless speakers. We decided to merge our interests.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 11:23 AM PST

    I made a spartan knife block for my Henkel's

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 01:50 PM PST

    final school project finished. two cabinets that took the entire quarter.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 01:50 PM PST

    I want to show you all my coffee table. Although my youngest can't get the idea it's supposed to be a table, I'm just glad she likes it

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 05:39 AM PST

    Climbing wall for 2 yo daughters room. Bottom kicks out 15 degrees.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 07:29 PM PST

    Finally finished my wooden countertop!

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 08:00 PM PST

    Having some fun figuring out this walnut and cherry inlaid dovetail joint - finally ready to start the project it’s intended for.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 07:51 PM PST

    My Dustopper caddy! Most functional scrap project I've done in a while! [OC]

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 11:52 AM PST

    Celtic Gates oak grips for Beretta 92FS

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 01:19 PM PST

    One of my designs I call it the Dream bench

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 07:02 AM PST

    A 13.5” cherry bowl I just finished. I rough turned and cored from the log a year ago, then finish turned after letting it dry. I will start working on the smaller nested bowl next.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 06:14 PM PST

    Maple edge grain cutting board with cherry and purpleheart inlays. Can’t wait to oil this one up tomorrow!

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 08:43 PM PST

    I sacrifice a good amount of shop space to make sure my supervisors are comfortable. Crunch (the big one) makes sure any scrap wood on the floor gets chewed up and like most managers, no one really knows what Artemis does.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 07:29 PM PST

    Tabletop glued up and sanded to 180.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 01:43 PM PST

    Seeing some of the posts here lately made me hesitant to post this, but I'm proud of this table with none of my own tools and borrowing some shop space.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 08:13 AM PST

    Getting there.....

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 11:42 AM PST

    Found a coffee table at Goodwill for $3.99 and transformed it into a side table, a narrow desk and two shelves (not pictured). I kept the mahogany (?) unstained and just cleared it! Really happy with the outcome!

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 11:11 AM PST

    Almost ready for paint - rainbow trout wood carving.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 07:33 PM PST

    Still practicing, this is my second attempt

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 07:12 PM PST

    Finished chess board I made for a friend. Squares are purple heart and cherry, while the frame is oak.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 08:48 PM PST

    Not sure if this is classified as “woodworking” since I let the machine do all the work. But a topography created for my dad for Christmas of our family motorcycle ride though BANFF this summer.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 11:58 AM PST

    Bowl made of free construction lumber.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 04:58 AM PST

    The girlfriend and I have found a way to mix wood work and macrame. Scrap wood pan rack and an owl plant shelf.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 08:10 PM PST

    Final carving of a white pine Windsor chair seat

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 02:45 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment