• Breaking News

    Friday, July 2, 2021

    Wood working Had the final exam of my 3 year carpentry apprenticeship today. We built this in 6,5 hours… I‘ve never had to work so fast yet precise before.

    Wood working Had the final exam of my 3 year carpentry apprenticeship today. We built this in 6,5 hours… I‘ve never had to work so fast yet precise before.


    Had the final exam of my 3 year carpentry apprenticeship today. We built this in 6,5 hours… I‘ve never had to work so fast yet precise before.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 10:49 AM PDT

    A repeat client wanted a record player / liquor cabinet made. I asked if she had any inspiration pics to which she said a very anxiety inducing “I trust you” - this is my first original design and build project. Book matched Walnut burl doors Finished with Lye and clear coat.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 01:26 PM PDT

    I built a new gate for my breezeway

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 06:50 PM PDT

    First large project. Entertainment center for my den

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 07:52 AM PDT

    I really need a ryoba saw

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 09:17 AM PDT

    A nightstand I made for my Mom, really happy with how it turned out. Walnut with Spalted Maple, and a little hidden drawer for all the shiny things she steals from her house guests!

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 02:58 PM PDT

    Plant stands I’ve been making.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 07:57 PM PDT

    Made some new footwear for my grandfather’s framing chisel out of Honduras Rosewood.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 08:35 PM PDT

    Framer of 5 years. Started my finish apprenticeship in January. Pics of a new kitchen and corner picture of beams and crown. Total finish material cost for the home: $120,000. No typo.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 04:49 PM PDT

    My first guitar build, I had a blast building it. I think it turned out pretty good, and most definitely my new favorite guitar. Built as part of a competition, more info in the comments.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 07:14 AM PDT

    Dry fitting this plant stand

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 07:37 PM PDT

    A bar I made which was supposed to be a hutch, but I got lazy. Red oak top, with poplar legs (painted), and maple ply (painted) for everything else.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 09:46 PM PDT

    My first entirely aesthetic woodworking project. I didn’t want a picture on that wall and wanted something 3D instead. Wife seems to like it, took about 4,7 second before there were souvenirs in it.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 03:10 PM PDT

    Recycled my Broken Skateboard into this neat Charm/Pendant!

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 10:07 AM PDT

    Media room

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 04:26 PM PDT

    I made an electric guitar of poplar and mahogany, I call it Stripes!

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 04:15 PM PDT

    Box Making Jig for compact palm router

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 04:43 PM PDT

    Wood-shop in (my small town) in 1979-80 for a girl was frowned upon. I’m glad it’s not anymore, and I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who helped change that.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 10:19 AM PDT

    I hope this sappiness is OK to post here.

    When I was in Jr. High school I took wood shop because my dad was an incredible wood worker and put the wood-working bug in my head. He made beautiful furniture and built on additions to every house we ever lived in, etc. so he was very thrilled that I wanted a part of it. He encouraged me all the way.

    My wood-shop teacher- think ubiquitously buzz cut, misogynist throw back from the 50's era. He hated that they allowed me and one other girl in his class. He was incredibly harsh and sarcastic, the sheer disdain in his voice was loud and clear, and he never gave the other girl and I suggestions for how to improve our technique that was so "bad". I still have two of my pieces- a candle holder and a very nice, hinged box that hangs on the wall. And you know what, they look good.

    Because of that teacher, I did not continue next semester- I joined metal shop instead and was the only girl in the class. Contrasting with my wood-shop teacher, my metal-shop teacher was thrilled to have a girl in his class and taught me well. At the time I didn't like it as well as wood shop and ironically despite the help I sucked at it- LOL. Well he said I was good but I knew I was probably just being encouraged, and I appreciated it. And I was absolutely petrified of the arc welder so one semester was enough. Looking back it's like the scene in that scary movie where the boiler is down in the dark scary basement, breathing, waiting to kill someone.

    Anyhow- there is such a warm place in my heart when I see girls taking wood shop in school now like it's normal. Because it is normal. I wish I had more guts back then to stand up to that jerk teacher, but well, as a 12 year old, shy wallflower girl that was not happening.

    Thanks to everyone who helped make that normal.

    submitted by /u/Damaged_Goods_Bin
    [link] [comments]

    Since, we’re showing off big projects. Here’s the built-in I’m building dwarfing my 50 inch tv. Guess I have to get a bigger Tv

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 12:45 PM PDT

    My latest woodturning project. Hope you enjoy!

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 06:32 PM PDT

    1st time making this kind of thing

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 11:30 AM PDT

    A teak table top I’m refinishing for my dad’s boat. Epoxy for level surface and then going on with varnish.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 04:29 PM PDT

    Trying to refurbish this coffee table for a friend and the previous owner used foam insulation to repair a crack �� how do I get it out?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 08:45 AM PDT

    My first wooden burr puzzle (6p) . In Spain it's known as "The devil's cross"

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 10:44 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment