• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 7, 2021

    Wood working Depression and woodworking: I've suffered for years with depression & anxiety. My shop has been a mess for as long as I've had a shop which only made it worse. The last few days I've put a ton of work into revamping my shop & making it a source of joy & not a source of anxiety. Details in captions.

    Wood working Depression and woodworking: I've suffered for years with depression & anxiety. My shop has been a mess for as long as I've had a shop which only made it worse. The last few days I've put a ton of work into revamping my shop & making it a source of joy & not a source of anxiety. Details in captions.


    Depression and woodworking: I've suffered for years with depression & anxiety. My shop has been a mess for as long as I've had a shop which only made it worse. The last few days I've put a ton of work into revamping my shop & making it a source of joy & not a source of anxiety. Details in captions.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 04:29 PM PDT

    Finally chopped a monkey pod slab that’s been sitting in the rafters for a while.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 10:58 AM PDT

    I'm working my way through an Intarsia set of TMNT. Leonardo makes 2 of 4! I'm including the Pinterest image I used to make the pattern.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 11:12 AM PDT

    Finished up this kitchen island for our new home. Finally posted the build video on YouTube

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 04:22 AM PDT

    I was a beginner once, and To say thanks to the r/woodworking community for helping me, I'm donating some offcuts to any local beginner(s) that wants it. (Walnut, Jarrah, Ipe) Details in comments

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 10:13 AM PDT

    My first real piece commissioned and delivered.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 11:03 AM PDT

    Four months of weekends later and the stairs are almost complete

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 02:19 PM PDT

    I’m going back to school in the fall and wanted to chair to match my desk to ensure I have a place I LIKE to study at. From walnut slab, to butterfly keys, to my first waterfall miter, this was a fun build. The miter is reinforced with dominoes and is VERY strong ��

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 09:52 PM PDT

    My first piece of furniture. A little bar for my little alcoholism.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 06:34 PM PDT

    Handmade Solid Sapele Entrance Doors with Custom Made Solid Antique Brass Knobs and Hinges

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 08:14 PM PDT

    Just joined the group.... and Reddit... new world. Here is some of my wood-work

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 11:26 AM PDT

    1st post. Just passed the 6 months intro course as a furniture maker/wood joiner in Denmark. Test was to make a pine tray in 7 hours. Sanded, not treated. Joined using dovetails on the front and sunken screws with pine plugs in the back. I just made it in time and was ok pleased with my result.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 06:49 AM PDT

    First attempt at indoor furniture. First crib for first baby. Walnut and maple. Later it will convert to a toddler bed and further after into a full size bed.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 11:03 AM PDT

    Not much of a fine woodworking post, but here are some shots of a pergola I built by myself over the weekend. Really proud of it—didn’t watch any YouTube videos, just looked at some pictures on Google and dove right in.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 07:00 PM PDT

    Question: hacked together from scraps, what do I finish this lamp with to look like this? (Mineral spirits on oak). Tung, linseed?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 05:52 PM PDT

    Here's more shots of the custom kitchen island

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 11:28 AM PDT

    9x4 cedar door with Thunderbird. Did this on the CNC

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 09:03 PM PDT

    Just poured my first river table

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 02:06 PM PDT

    Recently I finished this memorial bench that a good friend asked me to build for her brother and sister. I'm honored that she asked me to make this for them. She found a design online and I just tweaked a few things to add a bit of my touch. She opted to put the finish on herself.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 10:20 PM PDT

    First "fine wood working" project

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 11:35 AM PDT

    It ain’t much, but it’s the first cabinet I’ve done as practice for my wife’s built in shelves for her office.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 06:50 PM PDT

    Nusery set and trim just in time for baby! My daughter was super happy with the results. From sketchup and a pile of hard maple to finished product did not turn out too bad, in my opinion.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 11:46 AM PDT

    Battery holder for my outdoor Makita power tools. This is a simple build. I 3d printed the clips and made a handle hole on top for easy transportation.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 03:50 PM PDT

    Newest Project and Loving This Look

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 10:21 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment