• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 25, 2020

    Wood working My 4 and 6 year old kids are interested in playing chess so I made them a board and pieces out of scrap wood.

    Wood working My 4 and 6 year old kids are interested in playing chess so I made them a board and pieces out of scrap wood.


    My 4 and 6 year old kids are interested in playing chess so I made them a board and pieces out of scrap wood.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 06:23 PM PDT

    My 5-year anniversary present to my wife. The heart in the tree is a piece of the actual "Wedding Tree" we were married under on her parents' land, which has been dying despite best efforts.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:03 PM PDT

    I made a thing, first piece I'm proud of. Walnut and white oak

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:02 AM PDT

    Made this bike rack with cubby storage for my friend

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 08:01 PM PDT

    I made a thing. A maple/resin serving board with wine corks

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 05:21 PM PDT

    Got a call on Tuesday my grandpa wasn't doing so well. I managed to get this done and fly in to see him yesterday. He passed three hours later. He couldn't open his eyes or talk, but I'm glad to have made it in time.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 09:07 AM PDT

    This is the project I’m most proud of this year. Solid walnut console table for records and record player.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 03:37 PM PDT

    Plant stand, inspired by another redditor’s stand

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:20 PM PDT

    First real woodworking project - I’ve done lots of diy construction (deck, fence, basement, etc.). This is my first real finish work I’ve done. Really proud of it. Just moved into a new house and needed a door for my office. I still can’t believe how well it turned out.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 06:08 PM PDT

    First “big” project. I’m loving the satisfaction of having built something by hand. Even if it only consists of cutting and screwing a bunch of 2x4’s

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 06:26 PM PDT

    End Grain Padauk, Walnut & Maple Cutting Board

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 09:21 PM PDT

    Kitchen for our 2yr old's Bday! It's a hit.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 09:18 AM PDT

    Started making some spoons for Christmas gifts

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 02:31 PM PDT

    My brother made me a table! I have a very small kitchen so he made one to fit. It is made of hickory that is from an old board of my Grandfather's old scaffolding (he was a house painter). He passed about 15 years ago so it is really nice to have a part of him in my home.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 11:25 AM PDT

    Framing out my carport for more shop space. Cody dog for scale

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    New tool day. SawStop 3HP PCS on ICS mobile base. 52” rails

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 10:23 AM PDT

    French cleat wall in progress, really really happy on how it turned out

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 01:01 PM PDT

    New table top for the kitchen. 4cm thick oak. I've been cutting, gluing and installing them myself. What a joy to see it finished.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 10:26 AM PDT

    Made my best friend a better ring box to prepose to his GF with than the crappy leather one provided. Made this one from Curley Maple, Cherry, and Walnut with a Linseed oil finish. First time making something like this so it was quite a fun challenge.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:23 PM PDT

    Can we all agree that Phillips head screws are the worst?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:18 PM PDT

    I use Robertson screws for everything and never (or rarely) have issues with camming out the screw head. Everytime I need to use a Phillips screw it's a 50/50 chance if I ROI d it out or not. I know the Phillips head is popular in the us, but the functionality is SO much better with Robertson why dont they switch? Phillips is fine for drywall screws where a lot of torque is going to snap them anyway, but anything with more force sucks

    submitted by /u/Cruiser_man
    [link] [comments]

    I know I’m the one millionth person to post this project, but I finally finished Wood Whisperer’s kitchen helper and wanted to share!

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 05:16 PM PDT

    My first blind dovetail. It will be the front corner of a woodworking bench. Blackbutt timber.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 06:07 PM PDT

    Upcycled Part 2 - Ikea slats and thrift store leather belts turned into wine rack. How do I hang this you ask? Use the hinges I bought for 50 cents a piece; screw them into the top and use them to help hang onto the wall.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 04:42 PM PDT

    Think the missus will approve !? Made with Purple Heart and love. First time making any sort of jewellery.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 02:03 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment