• Breaking News

    Monday, September 28, 2020

    Wood working Weekly Quick Questions, Wood ID, and Deal or No Deal /r/Woodworking Megathread

    Wood working Weekly Quick Questions, Wood ID, and Deal or No Deal /r/Woodworking Megathread


    Weekly Quick Questions, Wood ID, and Deal or No Deal /r/Woodworking Megathread

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 06:11 AM PDT

    Use this thread to ask your quick questions & how-tos, ask what wood species something it, and to either show any good Craigslist/etc finds you've come across or ask if something is a good deal.

    If you'd like a cool place to hang out and chat, come join us in the sub Discord: https://discord.gg/KtrHssN

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Combined two hobbies on this one. Built a wooden NES

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 02:58 PM PDT

    I keep telling myself this is a corner shelf but its really just another toy for Ms Clawford. The idea here was to build a climbing feature for my cat & bonus storag. This my first attempted at tapered dovetail rails. They're definitely not all perfect, but surprisingly strong & seem to b holding up

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 04:09 AM PDT

    Needed a nightstand and didn’t have much room, tried out the “floating” look and added a wireless charger where the phone rests

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 09:26 AM PDT

    Cocobolo ring box with topography of where I proposed!

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 05:38 PM PDT

    Started off in the boiler room. Then came the great garage wars between me and my dad. I won. He wanted space for a car I wanted four workbenches. Unreal how impactful woodworking has been on making me a happier person

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 07:57 PM PDT

    I made a jig to taper some half-lapped joints, then brain.exe encountered an unrecoverable error.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 10:15 AM PDT

    So close to being able to assemble this mid century writing desk I’ve been working on for my dads birthday! It’s turning out just as nice as I’d hoped

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 05:49 PM PDT

    2nd freehander, 8’ long 29” wide (slab)

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 09:33 AM PDT

    Cherry and Curly Maple end table. Finally took some good pics, stoked on how it came out.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 08:46 AM PDT

    Added some cedar planks on stainless steel posts to my house’s fascia. Not tremendously intricate or masterful, but I like how it turned out, and I had to rip a lot of 2x4s and use the hell out of my shop a drill press to get all these pieces right.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 06:49 PM PDT

    My wife sent me a picture of a mashed up plastic tub upside down under her desk asking me if I could maker her a foot rest. I hope she likes it and finds comfort on it. Doug Fir, Stone, Spar varnish.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 08:28 AM PDT

    Black Walnut End-Grain Cutting Board. Wood was a Craigslist find from a retiring woodworker.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 05:28 AM PDT

    22 pallets, 48 beers and 2 packets of crisps

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 09:15 PM PDT

    Radial deck with hidden hatch built above abandoned swimming pool

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 11:35 AM PDT

    A mount for my planer I made a few years ago. Hope you enjoy the concept.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 04:40 AM PDT

    Homemade urn for my father’s cremains. His knowledge of all trees/shrubs always impressed me. Top and bottom are black walnut, oak, cherry, and birch. Sides are black walnut with two thin cherry strips.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 02:40 PM PDT

    Just finished this up. This is the way.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 07:35 PM PDT

    The second thing I’ve ever made on a lathe!

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 04:38 PM PDT

    Woodworker makes huge dog house for huge dog.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 05:46 PM PDT

    I admire the quality of craftsmanship most post here, and though this is nowhere near that quality, it’s my first project proud enough to post. Just have to finish painting that trim (explanation of this sin in comments). This is my third protect I’ve ever completed: 10’ bookshelf/new computer desk

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 07:26 PM PDT

    First desk I've ever made. Cypress tops and drawer faces stained barn red. Made it as a console for my music room.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 11:42 AM PDT

    Birthday present for my wife to move the plants in for the winter!

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 07:18 PM PDT

    Memorial bench i made for my Grandad.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 11:30 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment