• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 2, 2020

    Wood working Tried my hand at woodworking and made some dining table benches.

    Wood working Tried my hand at woodworking and made some dining table benches.


    Tried my hand at woodworking and made some dining table benches.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 12:08 PM PDT

    Had an outdoor side table that wasn’t very functional for placing drinks. Made this little table top to address the issue.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 07:37 PM PDT

    PSA: Oak is extremely porous and probably shouldn't be used for cutting boards. Here is me blowing air through a 3/4" poplar/red oak cutting board.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 05:19 PM PDT

    Making a personalized dice tower as a gift for my friends. Tricky assembly!

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 10:56 PM PDT

    With I’ve 400 cuts and 20+ hrs of work, this present I made for my father is one of my proudest moments in woodworking thus far. (Link to a YouTube video showing the process in the comments)

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 09:13 AM PDT

    A comfort bird for my Grandpa who is starting hospice next week

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 11:37 AM PDT

    Purple Plum complements of the neighbors tree I cut down for her.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 08:54 AM PDT

    Brass with Walnut inner

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 04:22 PM PDT

    Not pretty, but trying to clear some space from my workbench.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 02:24 PM PDT

    First table built with hardwood. Solid Ash pedestal style

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 07:14 PM PDT

    My wife wanted a expensive side table for our living room that was made from particle board type material. I made her one out of solid wood instead.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 08:16 PM PDT

    I spent many hours, but finally finished this shoji lamp.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 05:57 PM PDT

    5 watch box I finished up today after a long time of not working on it. Feels really good to have finished it and I’m so proud of the final result. Wood is curly maple with purpleheart and wenge.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 06:36 PM PDT

    Since our vacation plans were shot due to COVID, I am building a club house with rock wall with my kids (4 - 4x8 sheets on rock wall for reference)

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 08:39 PM PDT

    Cherry burl sphere.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 07:24 PM PDT

    For my first real project I made a music stand, I am very happy with how it came out

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 08:00 PM PDT

    A larger bookshelf I made because I buy too many books

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 06:47 AM PDT

    Satisfying solution

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 05:21 PM PDT

    20 years + being paid for it, but probably an unpopular opinion

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 08:07 PM PDT

    I just watched a cute lil video by somebody with skills. But I saw him rip a board right down the middle on a table saw and I cringed. You shouldn't do it that way. It's asking for trouble. Trouble that a Sawstop or riving knife won't stop.

    Even the most meticulously jointed and planed board has tension in it. That tension can bind on a blade or against a fence. At best you burn the board with friction. At worst it kicks back and kills you. Somewhere in the middle is some broken bones or lost digits. Just stop!

    Trim your boards to rough sizes first with a band saw or jig saw. These are safer tools. There's not 7 1/4" or 10" of blade to bind up. There's most likely 1/4' to 1/2" inch of blade. And the blade is not spinning toward you with these tools. It's pulling down or reciprocating. Much harder to lose digits or lives that way.

    After a board is rough sawn, it's much easier to control when you're only removing a lil bit of material. Wood keeps it shape the less you remove. Keep that in mind next time you rip.

    Just be safe y'all. It's not that hard.

    Been at this for a quarter century. Can still count to 10 without removing my shoes. Heed my words.

    submitted by /u/Cleopatra_bones
    [link] [comments]

    I restored a beat up mahogany secretary’s desk from 1933. Days and days of sanding and rebuilding broken parts. Not bad for a $35 purchase.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 02:13 PM PDT

    Outdoor dining table per the wife's request (build pics in comments)

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    Portaits I made of the Trio that started it all for my best friends birthday!

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 03:05 PM PDT

    This might look familiar. I removed my 1x6 fence planks and installed tongue and groove today. Much happier with the outcome, as the fence planks were starting to shrink more and more. While the T&G was about 300% more expensive to do, it was definitely worth it.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 06:28 PM PDT

    Not much, but for me, the first work I feel I tried my best on.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 08:12 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment