• Breaking News

    Monday, June 8, 2020

    Wood working Weekly Quick Questions, Wood ID, and Deal or No Deal /r/Woodworking Megathread

    Wood working Weekly Quick Questions, Wood ID, and Deal or No Deal /r/Woodworking Megathread


    Weekly Quick Questions, Wood ID, and Deal or No Deal /r/Woodworking Megathread

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 06:11 AM PDT

    Use this thread to ask your quick questions & how-tos, ask what wood species something it, and to either show any good Craigslist/etc finds you've come across or ask if something is a good deal.

    If you'd like a cool place to hang out and chat, come join us in the sub Discord: https://discord.gg/KtrHssN

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    2x4 Contest Results!

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 08:21 AM PDT

    I'd like to first thank everyone who entered the 2x4 build off this past month. I believe the entries we saw this time were some of the most creative that have been entered in years. With a community that is as large as ours, it's great to see people taking time to participate.

    That being said, there can be only one winner! By an incredible margin, I declare /u/banjouncle with their Nightstand the ultimate winner. Everyone take some time to congratulate him on a job well done. I grant unto you the ultimate level of smugness and the privilege to tell your loved ones you won an internet contests against a bunch of strangers. :)

    Again, thanks to everyone else that entered, if you didn't see all the entries, you can find them on the contest launch page here. Everyone have a great day, stay safe, be kind, and keep your tools sharp.

    submitted by /u/Clock_Man
    [link] [comments]

    Two guys, 30 something beers, and one long weekend later...

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 07:43 AM PDT

    My first project �� im only 16 and Im learning a new hobby since its quarantine ��

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 07:34 PM PDT

    Built this a couple years back - 4 Swing Structure

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 03:06 PM PDT

    Not terribly exciting... When three government agencies tell a veteran that they can't build a ramp on his wonky steps, somebody's got to step up.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 04:07 PM PDT

    Drop down spice rack I made for my van/rv

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 03:37 PM PDT

    Steel and cedar partition to hide my boat from the HOA "police".

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 06:10 PM PDT

    It's not as nice as some of the decks being posted lately, but here is my covid project. I'm very decidedly an amateur, and this is my biggest project to date. Full of imperfections and mistakes, but I'm happy with how it came out!

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 08:25 AM PDT

    My first large commission. Maple and White oak slab.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 05:33 PM PDT

    Bedroom doesn’t have a closet so I improvised

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 08:26 PM PDT

    New Nail gun, drill, and driver storage cabinet

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 05:30 PM PDT

    Cherry End Tables, Matching Set

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 09:19 PM PDT

    Covid Wood-Workout: Ad hoc resawing without a bandsaw and on a welding bench. 6 slices just under 3mm of highly figured Aussie black wattle. What a workout!

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 06:34 PM PDT

    I built this for a friend of mine. Lots of pre-drilling for the hundreds of fasteners hidden underneath. Nothing but iroko and stainless steel. Well, except for a few cypress beams for the couch.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 10:56 AM PDT

    Art Deco inspired spice cabinet. The case is mahogany, dovetailed with three shelves dadoed and a cherry ply back. The handle has a finger groove and is made from curly maple, cherry, and mahogany.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 04:20 PM PDT

    I made a handle out of skateboards for this 100 year old hatchet!

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 08:47 AM PDT

    Still a newbie with wood working. Here is a 60”x30” kennel I built for our Mastiff. Biscuit jointed 2x4’s for the top. 2’ rebar for the openings in the frame. Saw a YouTube video and tried to duplicate it without plans!

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 05:00 PM PDT

    Last weekend's project. Well, it actually took two weekends, but I think it will help me make the most of my small space.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 06:48 PM PDT

    My first epoxy river table project! Watched a lot of YouTube, cursed out loud quite a bit and learned a ton. This turned out better than I could have hoped! Partial album in comments.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 05:47 PM PDT

    As a wedding gift for my daughter and her husband, my 14 year old son built this coffee table and my dad and I built two end tables with drawers. Walnut and birch. First time working with walnut, but it won’t be the last!

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 12:38 PM PDT

    I made a hillbilly fire table, remove center tile to reveal a hidden fire pit made of dollar tree rocks and sterno cans.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 07:08 PM PDT

    Made some benches, from various scraps in my garage.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 05:39 AM PDT

    Made this on the CNC today. I think I want to do one with wax or ink pouring over the umbrella next time.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 06:40 PM PDT

    Made a couple of Lp record stands. Holds about 40 records. Left one is walnut, cherry, and hickory. The right one is cherry and oak.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 06:08 PM PDT

    Two weekends later my deck is done!

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 08:32 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment